Eligibility, Rules and Procedures
Applications will be assessed based on both merit and need. A limited number of funds will be awarded each year based on the following criteria:
- Applicants must be current Dalcroze Canada members
- Previous Dalcroze experience and/or other musical training
- Information about the upcoming Dalcroze Canada professional training course you plan to attend (in-person or online).. Note: only courses designated toward the Dalcroze teacher certification qualify
- Awards are applied directly toward the registration fees. Scholarship recipients do not receive the funding directly. Awards may not be deferred to a later granting cycle
- Personal statement of intent and interest in pursuing Dalcroze certification. Preference will be given to applicants who reside and intend to promote Dalcroze teaching in Canada
- Financial need, including other sources of funding
- References (at least one reference should be from a qualified Dalcroze teacher)
- Scholarship recipients will be asked to submit a follow-up report on the training the scholarship helped to fund
In order to serve a number of applicants, Dalcroze Canada does not grant full scholarships. Scholarships cover a portion of an applicant’s tuition – this is generally between 25-40% depending on the quality of the application.
The Dalcroze Canada Board of Directors appoints a Scholarship Awards Committee, which is composed of Dalcroze Canada members and the Director of Studies. The Dalcroze Canada Board of Directors determines the total amount of funds used for scholarships in any given granting cycle. The Scholarship Awards Committee determines the size of each scholarship, taking into account the total amount available in the current granting cycle.